2014 Sustainable Ann Arbor Forums - Climate and Adaptation
Come join the conversation about sustainability in Ann Arbor!
The City and the Ann Arbor District Library are hosting the third annual Sustainable Ann Arbor series. A think tank of local stakeholders including representatives from community organizations, City of Ann Arbor staff, and Washtenaw County staff will join the public to discuss local sustainability efforts and challenges in our community.
The series will include four events organized around the City's sustainability goals. The events will be held monthly on the second Wednesday from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Ann Arbor District Main Library at 343 South Fifth Ave from January through April 2014.
Each event will include a series of short presentations followed by a question and answer session. The forums offer an opportunity to learn more about sustainability in the Ann Arbor community.
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - Climate and Adaptation, including a discussion of current adaptation and resiliency strategies within the community, an introduction of the newly launched Community Climate Partnership, a coalition of community stakeholders working to further support the City's Climate Action Plan, and how to take steps to both mitigate and adapt to climate change
Speakers will include:
- Mike Shriberg, Education Director, Graham Environmental Sustainability Institute; Lecturer, Program in the Environment (PitE) & Michigan Community Scholars Program (MCSP)
- Melissa Stults, Science Research Fellow, University of Michigan; Commissioner, City of Ann Arbor Park Advisory Commission and Environmental Commission
- Rebecca Esselman, Watershed Planner, Huron River Watershed Council
- Susan Hutton, Vice Chair, City of Ann Arbor Environmental Commission
- Monica Patel, Policy Specialist, Ecology Center
- Mike Garfield, Director, Ecology Center
If you have comments on the forums or suggestions, please send them to email@example.com.