Energy and the States: How are states and municipalities influencing their energy futures in the Trump era?
The Energy Club at the Ross School of Business proudly presents the 2017 Michigan Ross Energy Conference. The Energy Conference is a premier annual energy event, which brings together leading experts from around the world and University of Michigan students to address some of the biggest challenges faced by the energy industry today. The conference has been specifically designed to optimize collaboration between students, speakers and sponsors, through group discussions and breakout sessions in order to promote networking and learning. The Energy Conference will take place at the Ross School of Business on Friday, September 29, 2017 in the Ross Colloquium.
This years theme is "Energy and the States" where the focus will be on state and municipal-level energy policy and how recent federal actions have impacted strategy and planning at the different levels.
When: September 29, 2017; 8:30AM - 4:30PM
Where: Ross Colloquium (6th Floor); 701 Tappan Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Who: All UM students, faculty, & staff. Non-UM attendees are also welcome on a case-by-case basis.
The Ross Energy Club and the Energy Institute welcomes Valerie J.M. Brader, Executive Director of the Michigan Agency for Energy.
The following conference topics will explore how states and municipalities are controlling their energy futures amidst the changing federal priorities:
- Keynote – Energy and the States: An overview of the state-level policy and regulatory landscape is provided along with highlights of the impacts from recent federal actions.
- Keynote – Utilities and the States: An overview of national trends in utility strategies is provided along with a discussion of how state-level policy influences these strategies.
- Panel – Utilities and the States: Utility executives and consultants discuss how state policies influence their energy strategies.
- Panel – Renewable Energy at the Local Level: City leaders discuss policy levers that impact renewable energy deployment.
- Panel – Private Sector and the States: Corporate leaders discuss how state policies impact their energy strategies and what influence they have over these state policies.
Participating speakers include: Accenture, DTE Energy, Consumers Energy, Exelon Corporation, Puget Sound Energy, Steelcase, Apex Clean Energy, 5 Lakes Energy, Inovateus Solar, NOVI Energy, City of Ann Arbor, Michigan Agency for Energy, and many more!
Please RSVP for the conference at this link: Conference RSVP
In addition to the conference on September 29th, a Networking Kickoff will be held on the night of September 28th, at the University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA). All conference attendees, speakers, and sponsors will be invited to attend for a night of networking and conversation. Food and drinks will be provided.
Please RSVP for the reception at this link: Kickoff RSVP