Raed Al Kontar
Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial & Operations Engineering
Raed Al Kontar is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Industrial & Operations Engineering. His research broadly focuses on developing data analytics and decision-making methodologies specifically tailored for Internet of Things (IoT) enabled smart and connected products/systems. He envisions that most (if not all) engineering systems will eventually become connected systems in the future. Therefore, his key focus is on developing next-generation data analytics, machine learning, individualized informatics and graphical and network modeling tools to truly realize the competitive advantages that are promised by smart and connected products/systems.
Areas of Interest
- Data analytics for IoT enabled smart and connected systems.
- Transfer/multitask learning for condition-based diagnosis, prognosis and maintenance.
- Gaussian Processes for uncertainty quantification and large-scale metamodeling.
- Big data modeling and distributed analysis using data fusion and Bayesian theory.
- Personalized system informatics and decision making for teleservice systems.