Professor of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
Herrick Professor of Engineering
Executive Director, MForesight
- (734) 936-0357
Professor Kota serves as Laboratory Director for the Compliant Systems Design Laboratory at UM. The Compliant Systems Design Laboratory (Est.1994) develops methods for designing one-piece machines by exploiting the natural elasticity of materials. CSDL has pioneered the concept of distributed compliance creating various analytical and computational tools for synthesizing compliant mechanisms by combining principles of kinematics and continuum mechanics.
Kota has received numerous awards including a UM Mechanical Engineering Achievement Award and a Ruth and Joel Spira Outstanding Educator Award from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Energy in the News: Friday, January 26
- Energy in the News: Friday, October 20
- Energy in the News: Friday, April 7
- Energy in the News: Friday, February 10
- Energy in the News: Friday, January 20
- Energy in the news: Friday, October 9
- Energy Institute Faculty Affiiliate to lead national manufacturing ‘think-and-do’ tank
- Energy in the news: Friday, June 12
- Shale gas report featured in Bloomberg opinion piece
- U-M Energy, Manufacturing Leadership Institutes Release Shale Gas: A Game Changer for American Manufacturing