The 6th Annual University of Michigan Conference on
Transportation, Economics, Energy and the Environment (TE3)
Friday, October 18 2019, Rackham Auditorium, Ann Arbor, Michigan
The Economics of Electrified Transportation:
Impact on the Environment and Policy Perspectives
Hosted by the University of Michigan Energy Institute (UMEI) and held in one of the world’s leading automotive manufacturing regions, TE3 brings together international experts from the academic, business and public policy communities for high-level, economically grounded discussions about timely issues facing the transportation sector and its energy and environmental impacts. The 2019 event will focus on the increasing electrification of transportation worldwide, covering all forms of electrified vehicles (battery, hybrid and fuel cell) and their applications, including personal ownership, managed fleets, goods movement and mobility-as-a-service.
We invite papers addressing (though not necessarily limited to) the following topics:
- The effects of regulations, incentives and other policies on the development of electric vehicle (EV) markets.
- The equity, economic efficiency and other societal considerations for policies influencing EVs and transportation sector emissions overall.
- The economics of batteries, dedicated vehicle platforms, charging infrastructure and other critical factors affecting the costs and adoption of EVs.
- Global competitive dynamics and the role of industrial policies in influencing both the supply and demand sides of EV markets.
Submit papers in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2019. TE3 does not publish a proceedings and so welcomes working papers and articles published in or submitted to archival journals. Complete academic-quality papers are required; abstracts or slides are not accepted. Submissions with multiple authors should indicate which author will present the paper.
- Paper submissions due May 15, 2019
- Authors notified of the status of their papers by June 17, 2019
- Final versions of accepted papers due on September 16, 2019
- Draft presentation slides due on October 11, 2019. The conference chairs will review the slides and suggest refinements as needed for addressing the TE3 audience.
- Final presentation slides due on October 16, 2019